West Bengal Freeship Scheme – Benefits & Eligibility
West Bengal Freeship Scheme: The West Bengal Free ship Scheme (WBFS) has been introduced from the year 2011. WBFS is for the Graduate students level in Engineering & Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture programs conducted by the self-financing private Engineering and Technical Institutions of the State. The waiver is limited to the tuition fee for all the institutions concerned. All other fees except tuition fees will have to be borne by the beneficiary.
West Bengal Freeship Scheme 2023 – General Overview
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Freeship Scheme (session 2021-22)|
|Launched by||Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal|
|Benefits||Tuition fee waiver|
|Beneficiaries||Undergraduate students enrolled in Engineering and Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture programs|
|Last Date to Apply||31st March 2023|
Eligibility for students who can apply under WBFS:
- Merit rank in State Level/National Level Entrance Examination.
- Candidate must be domiciled in West Bengal.
- The annual family income of the candidate must not be more than Rs.2.50 lakhs.
- Candidates selected under the Tuition-Free Waiver (TFW) Scheme of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or the West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme will not be eligible under this WBFS.
West Bengal Freeship Scheme 2023 – Application Process
To apply for the scholarship scheme, candidates need to follow the following steps –
- Visit the official website or directly visit the WBFS application page.
- Navigate to the ‘Proceed for Registration‘ button at the bottom of the page, tick the checkbox, and click on it.
- Fill in the required details and submit the registration.
- After successful registration, fill in the details, upload the necessary documents, and submit.
Read More: GATE 2023 Result: GATE Result is released, here is the complete list of stream wise toppers
- Annual family income is less than 2.50 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs and fifty thousand only) from all sources.
- Domiciled in the state of West Bengal
West Bengal Freeship Scheme 2023 – Documents Required
- Marksheets for Class 10 and 12
- A merit card rank certificate
- Authorized domicile certificate.
- Income certificate of the family