PAN Aadhaar link exemption: The central government had issued a guideline to link PAN cards with Aadhaar. At the same time, the Income Tax Department had also informed the taxpayers that as per the Income Tax Act, 1961, it is mandatory for all PAN card holders, who do not fall in the exempted category, to link their PAN with Aadhaar before 31.03.2023. On the other hand, some people have been given an exemption to link their Aadhaar with their PAN card. Let us know who are the people who do not need to link their PAN with their Aadhaar.
How to Link PAN With Aadhaar:
The central government has set March 31, 2023, as the deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar. Those people who have not linked their PAN card with their Aadhaar and they do not link their PAN card with their Aadhaar till the last date, then their PAN card will be of no use. Those people will not be able to use the PAN card.
PAN-Aadhaar link is not mandatory for these people
According to a notification issued by the Union Ministry of Finance in May 2017, certain categories of people have been exempted from linking PAN-Aadhaar. It is not mandatory for these people to link their PAN with their Aadhaar.
- People living in Assam, Meghalaya, and the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
- A non-resident under the Income Tax Act, of 1961
- Persons aged 80 years or more till last year
- not be a citizen of India
How to link PAN Aadhaar
- If you are going to link PAN Aadhaar then there are some ways, by following which you can easily complete it.
- Under the online process, you can link your PAN with your Aadhaar by visiting the income tax e-filing website incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- At the same time, you can also link PAN and Aadhaar through SMS. For this, you have to send UIDPAN < SPACE > < 12 Aadhaar numbers > < SPACE > < 10 PAN numbers> format to 567678 or 56161.
- Under the offline process, you can visit the nearest PAN Seva Kendra or Aadhaar Seva Kendra to link your PAN with your Aadhaar.