EWS Certificate Download: In pursuance of the insertion of clauses 15(6) and 16 (6) in the constitution of India vide the constitution (one Hundred and Third Amendment) Act, 2019 in order to enable the Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) who are not covered under the existing scheme of reservations for the Scheduled Castes.
What is the full name of the word EWS?
The full name of EWS is Economically Weaker Section. The Bengali equivalent of which is an economically weak section.
What is EWS Certificate?
EWS Certificate is a General Nation Reservation Certificate. This certificate is meant for economically backward or weaker general castes. Where 10 percent of seats are reserved in education and employment for those belonging to this category.
What are the benefits of having an EWS certificate?
Those who have this EWS certificate will get a 10 percent reservation in education and government jobs.
- Must belong to the general category.
- Annual family income should be less than 8 lakh rupees.
- If there is family agricultural land it should be not more than 5 acres.
- Flat or house should be within 1000 sq. ft.
- What documents are required for an EWS certificate?
- Voter card
- PAN card
- Permanent resident certificate of self and parents
- Birth certificate or Madhyamik admit card
- Land and property records
- Self declaration letter
How to apply for an EWS certificate?
- Apply offline.
- Download the EWS Annexure-A form.
- Fill it incorrectly.
- Attach the required documents.
- Submit to the specified address.
Where to submit the EWS application form? (EWS Certificate Download)
The application along with the required documents should be submitted to the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Sub Divisional Officer. Residents of Kolkata will submit the application form to DWO.
Download Application Form: Click Here