Top 10 Universities in India: QS Quacquarelli Symonds publishes the list of best universities every year to verify the quality of higher education in the world. It is a global higher education think-tank and consultancy. This organization verifies the quality of universities around the world by conducting examinations at various levels. Based on that, it publishes the ranking (QS world university ranking 2023).
How is the quality of universities verified?
This value is measured by how many things are. For example, what is the quality of education at the university? What is the value of an employer? What is the teacher-student ratio? The ratio of foreign teachers and ratio of foreign students etc.
This year too, QS has released the university rankings for 2023. This ranking is called QS University Rankings. It has been seen that the record of the last 11 years has been maintained by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or MIT. This year also they occupied first place.
Also, like last year, no Indian university made it to the top 100 this year. But in the top 200 are IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, and IIT Delhi. What are the top 10 universities in India according to QS ranking? Check out the list.
What are the top 10 universities in India according to QS ranking? Check out the list.
- Indian Institute of Science. Rank – 186
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. Rank – 117
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. Rank – 185
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras. Rank – 255
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. Rank – 277
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. Rank – 280
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee. Rank – 400
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati. Rank – 395
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore. Rank – 395
- The University of Delhi. Rank – 501 to 510
Incidentally, only 27 universities in India are ranked in the top 1000 of this list.
The number has slightly increased compared to the last few years. 20 Indian universities made it to last year’s ranking list. Before that 21, 23 in 2020, 24 in 2019, and 20 in 2018. Out of the 41 educational institutions that have been placed on the list, 11 are IITs. Among the top 10 institutes are 8 IITs, 1 IISc, and 1 university.