Ration Card Correction Process (WB): Complaints about the spelling of ration card names or addresses are often heard. And the common people are in a dilemma with these wrong ration cards. There are many complications in amending ration cards by submitting various documents to government offices.
It is also being heard that the spelling of the ration card has not been corrected even after submitting everything correctly. That is why for the convenience of the common man, the state government of West Bengal has launched a new online system through which you can easily apply for the amendment of your ration card at home. How to apply for a ration card amendment through this process is discussed in detail below.
Read More: Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) | new scheme for senior citizens
Details Of West Bengal Digital Ration Card
|Name of the scheme||WBPDS|
|Launched by||West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS)|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of West Bengal state|
|Objective||Providing food items at a subsidized price|
Correct ration card online (Ration Card Correction Process)?
- First, visit the official website of the West Bengal Food Supply Department food.wb.gov.in.
- Then click on the Ration Card option on the left and click on the “Apply for correction in the existing ration card” link.
- Now enter the mobile number linked with your ration card and click on Get OTP.
- Then an OTP will be sent to the said mobile number. Enter it and click on Proceed.
- Now you will be shown all the ration card details of your family. You click on Form 5 below to correct the ration card.
- After that, correct the name spelling mistake in the ration card of your family and upload their Aadhaar card as an identity card. Then if there is any mistake in the address also you can change it and upload aadhar card as supporting documents.
- Then click on the proceed option by ticking the I agree… text box below.
- Tick on Terms & Conditions again and click on Get OTP.
- Then again the OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked with your ration card. After typing it and clicking on Submit OTP, your application will be submitted online.
How to check the Ration Card Status Check?
- First, go to this website food.wb.gov.in and click on Check Status of Ration Card Application under Special Services below.
- Then select Form V and type your application number, a mobile number linked with your ration card, and the captcha code below and click on Summit.
Then you will be shown the status of your application. If the application is approved, then you can easily download your ration card from the same website by going to the Download E-Ration card option on your mobile. Later you can print this E-Ration card and use it like the original ration card.
Procedure To Change Name Or Other Details In Ration Card
- Visit the official website given here
- Now click on the citizen tab
- After that click on change name or other details in the Ration card
- Now a new page will display before you.
- You have to enter all the required details on this page
- After that, you have to click on submit.