India Post GDS Recruitment 2023 Notification: India Post, Government of India, Ministry of Communications –Department of Posts has released a notification for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) of 40889 vacancies. The name of the posts is BPM/ ABPM/ Dak Sevaks.
BPM -BRANCH POSTMASTER
ABPM -ASSISTANT BRANCH POSTMASTER
GDS -GRAMIN DAK SEVAK
Online applications are invited from the eligible applicants for engagement as Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) (Branch Postmaster(BPM)/Assistant Branch Postmaster(ABPM)/Dak Sevak). Applications are to be submitted online at www.indiapostgdsonline.gov.in.
What is the age limit for the applications of India Post –in detail below;
The minimum age is 18 years and the maximum age is 40 years.
What is the educational qualification for the recruitment of India Post –in detail below;
(a) Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard having passed in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of GDS.
(b) The applicant should have studied the local language i.e; (Name of Local language at least up to Secondary standard [as compulsory or elective subjects. Available at https://indiapostgdsonline.cept.gov.in/Notifications/Final_Post_Consolidation.pdf
Other Qualifications –
- Knowledge of computers
- Knowledge of cycling
- Adequate means of livelihood
What is the salary amount for the recruitment of India Post –in detail below;
BPM –Rs. 12,000 – 29,380/- Per Month
ABPM/DAK Sevak –Rs. 10,000 – 24,470/- Per Month
Application Procedure for the recruitment of India Post:
How to apply for the recruitment of India Posts –in detail below;
- Firstly, go to the official website of India Post: Link
- Secondly, click on ‘Registration’
- Thirdly, after completing the registration process, click on ‘Apply Online’
- Fourthly, fill up the application details
- After that, scan & upload the documents
- Then, pay the application fee
- At last, submit it.
What are the selection criteria for the recruitment of India Post –in detail below;
- The applicants will be shortlisted for engagement on the basis of a system generated merit list.
- The Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained/ conversion of Grades/Points to marks (as explained in sub paras- iii to ix below) in the Secondary School Examination of 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals. Passing all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory.
- For applicants where the Secondary School Examination of 10th standard mark sheet have marks or marks and Grade/Points both, only their total marks will be worked out by taking into account the marks obtained in all compulsory and elective/optional subjects (other than extra subjects, if any). This will ensure that applicants with higher marks get selected.
Important Dates & Links for India Post GDS Recruitment:
Last date of application: 16.02.2023
Official Website of India Post: Link
Official Notification: Download