How to record video in google meet: We are in an era where everything is online, be it office conferences, work from home, booking flights, attending the launch event, virtual events, and more among others. The pandemic has forced everyone to stay at home. Earlier, video calling apps were only used for chatting with friends and family.
However, the scenario has entirely changed after the COVID-19 outbreak globally. All the offices started working remotely and most of the conferences and meetings are held on a video calling platform. Google Meet is one of the popular meeting spots for working professionals.
It allows around 100 participants to join the meeting and also comes with an array of features. You can also record the meeting for your future reference.
However, there is a catch, only the host of the meeting will be able to record the video calls, but if you’re looking for an alternative to record the meeting, you are at the correct place. In this article, we have explained the process of recording a meeting on Google Meet.
Recording a video call on Google Meet is not a very big deal. The platform gives you an option to record the video without much hassle. However, you need to get permission from the host first. Once done, you need to follow these steps:
- First, open Google Meet and start or join a meeting.
- Now you can see a three-dot option on the extreme right bottom of the screen.
- Click on the three-dot option and it will popup the menu.
- Here you can see Record Meeting, click on the option.
- Then a “Ask for Consent” popup will show up. If you are attending the meeting, you can still record the meeting and ask permission from the host to record it.
- Click on Accept and you are good to go.
- You can stop recording the meeting from the same three-dot menu and select Stop Recording.
How to Record Google Meet Video Meeting with Audio Without Admin Permission?
To record the Google Meet video being a participant along with the audio you need to download a third-party application called OBS. You can also record the screen of your laptop or PC with the default windows application but it will not record the audio. Here are the steps which you can follow to record the Google Meet without any permission from the admin.
- First, you need to download the OBS application from here.
- Launch the application once it is installed on your PC.
- Now in the source section, you need to select the Google Meet application or Google Chrome if you’re not using the application.
- You can check the preview window and stretch the screen as per your requirement.
- Once you’re satisfied with the setting hit the start recording button at the right bottom under the control option.
- You can stop recording from there.
How to Enable Recording Option in Google Meet?
It is important to note that the recording feature on Google Meet can be only enabled by the workspace admin. If you are a Google administrator, you can allow meeting organizations and participants in the same organization to record video meetings. However, the feature is limited to some editions including Business Standard and Plus; Enterprise; Education Fundamentals, Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Plus; Essentials. Furthermore, normal accounts and non-admin workspace accounts do not have the option to enable the video recording feature on Google Meet.