Blue Aadhaar Card 2023: The Blue Aadhaar Card is a new variant of the Aadhaar card that has been introduced by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) for children below the age of 5 years. The Blue Aadhaar Card is meant to be a form of identification for young children, and it contains basic information about the child such as their name, gender, date of birth, parent/guardian’s name, and a photograph.
Blue Aadhaar Card 2023 | Check details, how to apply, and more
The Blue Aadhaar Card has been designed with certain features that make it more durable and long-lasting than the regular Aadhaar card. For instance, it is made of a special synthetic material that is tear-proof, waterproof, and can withstand extreme weather conditions.
To apply for a Blue Aadhaar Card for your child, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI at https://uidai.gov.in/
- Click on the “Aadhaar for Children” link on the homepage.
- Select the “New Born Child” or “Less than 5 Years Old” option.
- Fill in the required details such as the child’s name, date of birth, parent/guardian’s name, and mobile number.
- Upload a scanned copy of the child’s birth certificate or hospital discharge summary as proof of age and identity.
- Enter the captcha code and click on the “Generate OTP” button.
- Verify the OTP and submit the application.
- The Blue Aadhaar Card will be sent to the address mentioned in the application form within a few weeks.
It is important to note that the Blue Aadhaar Card is not mandatory for children below the age of 5 years, but it can be a useful form of identification for various purposes such as availing of government schemes and benefits, enrolling in schools, etc.
Read More: Income Tax Return 2022-23 | ITR Filing Last Date FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24), Income Tax Return Due Date
Features & Benefits of Blue Aadhaar Card
- The Blue Aadhaar card can be used as the identity proof of the child.
- With the help of the Blue Aadhaar card, children can avail of the latest governmental subsidy schemes.
- The government of India has made it mandatory for children to receive the benefit of a midday meal facility. The Blue Aadhaar card will help your child to avail of this facility and also works in favor of the government to distinguish between fake and real students.
- Numerous schools are insisting that parents should produce Blue Aadhaar cards for the admission process.
- Unlike the regular Aadhaar Card, the parent doesn’t have to provide the Aadhaar biometric details.
- Just like the regular Aadhaar card, the Blue Aadhaar card also contains a 12-digit unique identification number.
- The UIDAI issues a Blue Aadhaar card for children aged less than five years old.
- Once the kid crosses the age of 5 years old, then the Blue Aadhaar card becomes invalid.
- To enroll your toddler, you can use the hospital discharge slip or the birth certificate.
- The Blue Aadhaar card is also known as the Baal Aadhaar Card.
Documents Required for Blue Aadhaar Card
The following documents are required to get a Blue Aadhaar card issued by the UIDAI:
- The child’s parent has to provide either the hospital discharge slip or the birth certificate of the child for Blue Aadhaar card enrolment.
- The parent has to attach a copy of their existing Aadhaar card for the Blue Aadhaar card.
- If the kid is old enough and attending school, then the parent is supposed to provide the school’s bonafide statement or the ID card. The Aadhaar card official will use the ID card as proof of identification.