WBCHSE – New Addition: Recently, the West Bengal Council Of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) announced changes to the syllabus for the higher secondary examination in West Bengal. Starting from the 2023-2024 academic year, all government and government-aided schools in the state are encouraged to teach their students about data science and artificial intelligence.
WBCHSE – New Addition to Higher Secondary Syllabus,
However, the decision to include these subjects in the curriculum is left to the discretion of individual schools. Schools that wish to teach data science and artificial intelligence must apply to the WBCHSE between May 2 and June 30, provided that they fulfill certain conditions, including having arrangements for teaching computer science subjects, specific classrooms, and proficient teachers.
Teachers who have passed BSC, BE, or B-Tech can also teach these subjects, as well as those who have passed Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry. Schools with teachers who know Python programming can also apply to teach these subjects.
The WBCHSE will provide free training to schools that receive approval to teach data science and artificial intelligence. While these subjects may be included in the higher secondary curriculum from next year, they will not be part of the examination syllabus for the next academic year.
To view the 2023-2024 exam syllabus, students can visit the official website of WBCHSE (www.wbchse.wb.gov.in) and navigate to the student corner. They can then select WBCHSE Syllabus 2023 and view the syllabus for classes XI and XII in the commerce, arts, and science departments.
What are the conditions given by WBCHSE:-
- The applicant’s school should have arrangements for teaching computer science subjects.
- The school should have specific classrooms.
- Any teacher should be proficient in these two subjects.
- Or pass BSC, BE, B – TECH.
- Even if there are teachers who have passed in Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry, those schools can apply to WBCHSE for imparting education in these two subjects.
- If there are teachers who know Python programming, those schools can make this application.
- Free training will be provided by WBCHSE to all the schools which get this approval.
- If this application is successful, many people think that these two subjects can be included in the higher secondary curriculum from next year.
- But there is no possibility of any questions from this subject in the higher secondary examination next year.
How students will see the 2023-2024 exam syllabus has been informed:-
- Visit the official website of WBCHSE www.wbchse.wb.gov.in.
- Then click on the student corner.
- Select WBCHSE Syllabus 2023 and you will know all the syllabus of Class XI and XII.
- You can check all syllabus of commerce, arts and science departments.