Kalyani University PhD Courses 2023: Kalyani University Ph.D. Courses 2023: the University of Kalyani has released a notification for admission to Ph.D. Program.
Applications are invited (online) for admission to Ph.D. Program in different disciplines as per relevant provisions of the Kalyani University (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2021.
The starting date of application is 30th January 2023. Details schedule for publication of lists of eligible candidates, date of entrance test, etc. regarding Ph.D. admission, 2023 will be published shortly.
- FACULTY OF ARTS & COMMERCE: HISTORY, BENGALI & HINDI
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION: EDUCATION
What is the application fee for Kalyani University –in detail below;
Application fees are Rs. 600/- for General category/OBC-A/OBC-B and Rs. 150 /- for SC / ST category.
Eligibility Criteria for Kalyani University PhD Courses:
What are the eligibility criteria for the admission of Ph.D. Program –in detail below;
Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grants Commission and State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991. (For details, please check the regulations for a doctoral degree, university of Kalyani, 2021 from the university website).
Application Procedure for the admission of Ph.D. Program:
How to apply for the admission of the Ph.D. program at the University of Kalyani –in detail below;
- Firstly, go to the official website of Kalyani University: Link
- Secondly, click on ‘Online Admission’
- Thirdly, do registration complete
- Fourthly, login now
- After that, fill up the application details
- Then, pay the application fee
- At last, submit it.
What is the selection process for the admission program of Ph.D at Kalyani University –in detail below;
- The University shall admit Ph.D. Students through a Research Entrance Test (RET)
- A candidate shall be exempted from appearing Written Test of RET provided that she/he has qualified in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR-NET (including JRF)/SLET/ SET/GATE/ICMR/ICAR; University Research fellow (URS)/ obtained M.Phil./ M. Tech/ M.D./ M.E./ M. Pharm or equivalent examination, or Teacher’s fellowship holders (regular whole-time teachers holding substantive posts).
- Reservation and relaxation as per State Govt. rules
- The RET will be held through offline mode based on 50 MCQ type questions
- Student willing to apply for Ph. D. in more than one subject must fill in separate forms for each subject.
- In-Service candidates have to submit a No Objection Certificate from their Employer during the time of admission
- Qualifying marks in Entrance Test (RET) is 50%. A relaxation of 5% marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layers)/ Differently-Abled category in the entrance examination conducted by the University.
Important Dates & Links for Kalyani University PhD Courses:
Last date of application: 12.02.2023
Official Website of Kalyani University: Link
Official Notification: Download