How to become an IPS Officer?: IPS, the full form of IPS is the Indian Police Service. The examination for IPS Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Form fill-up starts around January-March every year. Both men and women can apply for this IPS post. There are various posts – in detail below;
Various posts of Indian Police:
Which of the posts has in the Indian Police Services -in detail below;
- Firstly, the Additional Commissioner of Police (ACP)
- Secondly, the Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP)
- Thirdly, the Director General of Police (DGP)
- Fourthly, the Deputy Inspector of Police (DIP)
- Then, IPS Probationer
- After that, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP)
- Then, the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)
- After that, the Superintendent of Police (SP)
- Then, the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP)
- At last, the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIP)
How to become an IPS Officer -OVERVIEW:
|JOB Role||Indian Police Service|
|Age Limit||21-32 Years|
|Salary||56,100 -2,25,000 /-|
What is the salary amount of the IPS officer –in detail below;
56,100 -2,25,000 /- Per Month
Educational Qualification (in detail):
What is the educational qualification of the IPS officer –in detail below;
Generally, to graduate in any subject from any recognized university, you can take the IPS Exam UPSC. In addition, B.Com, B.Sc, BCA, Engineering, and Medical degrees can be applied.
Read More : Utasashree Portal Login 2023 | উৎসশ্রী পোর্টাল
Age Limit (in detail):
What is the age limit of the Indian Police –in detail below;
- GEN -21 to 32 Years
- OBC -21 to 35 Years
- SC /ST -21 to 37 Years
Physical Fitness (in detail):
What is the physical fitness of the Indian Police –in detail below;
|Height (in detail)||GEN||SC/ST|
|Male||165 Centimeters||160 Centimeters|
|Female||150 Centimeters||145 Centimeters|
|Chest Size (in detail)|
|Eyesight||Normal (6/6 or 6/9)Weak (6/12 or 6/9)|
Selection Process (in detail):
What is the selection process of the Indian Police –in detail below;
- Firstly, Preliminary Examination
- Secondly, Main Examination
- Thirdly, Interview
Preliminary Examination- Basically, a preliminary examination is conducted for MCQ-type questions of 400 marks. In this case, there are two papers on General Studies. Each paper has 200 numbers.
The main test – Generally, the main test is number 1750. There are 9 papers in total. There are 2 papers, qualifying papers. The total number in these two papers is 600 (300 + 300). There are 5 papers General Studies Paper. There are 2 papers compulsory.
Interview – After that, passing the Preliminary and Main examinations, the final interview number 275 is taken. Various questions for about 45 minutes.
IPS officer training (in detail):
What is the Indian Police Training Process–in detail below;
Basically, a merit list is published after the completion of the preliminary, main examination, and interview process. Appointed to IAS, IFS, IRS, etc. posts with IPS on the basis of rank.
After that, the merit list is published, and all the selected job candidates are sent to the Lal Bahadur Shastri State Administrative Academy of LBSNAA. Here both men and women are trained for six months.
After that, he trained at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Police Academy in Hyderabad. Various legal and judicial training is conducted here.
Job Responsibility (in detail):
What is the job responsibility of the Indian Police –in detail below;
- Since the IPS is a high-ranking police post, its job is to maintain law and order and suppress various crimes.
- One of the tasks of an IPS officer is to take appropriate action to arrest notorious criminals.
- In addition to suppressing criminal activities, drug trafficking, trafficking in women, suppression of Maoists, etc. have to be done.
- Both experienced and skilled Indian Police are employed in leadership positions in organizations like CBI, RAW, IB, etc.
Apply for the IPS Officer Recruitment:
- Official Website (in detail): Link