Google Startup School 2023: In a bid to foster the growth of startups beyond India’s major cities, Google launched its virtual Startup School in collaboration with Startup India last year. The overwhelming response to the program prompted the announcement of the second edition, set to commence on July 11, 2023.
This eight-week program aims to reach a staggering 30,000 startups, providing them with tailored knowledge and mentorship. Startup School 2023 will feature over 30 experts from Google and the industry, including transformative entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and industry leaders.
The curriculum will cover a wide range of topics crucial to startup success, such as AI, product and tech strategy, marketing and global growth, and funding and leadership.
The agenda includes sessions led by notable figures, including Bikram Bedi, Managing Director of Google Cloud India, Aastha Grover, Vice President of Invest India and Head of Startup India, Vani Kola, Managing Director of Kalaari Capital, and Ashish Kashyap, Founder and CEO of Indmoney.
With this program, Google and Startup India aims to empower startups to innovate responsibly, learn best practices, and thrive in the unique Indian ecosystem. The initiative highlights the emergence of cities like Indore, Madurai, and Gorakhpur as vibrant startup hubs.
- You can register for the 8-week virtual series from the Google India page here.
Google Startup School 2023: Key Sessions and Speakers
- Deploying Cloud and unleashing the power of data – Bikram Bedi, Managing Director, Google Cloud India
- Government benefits available for entrepreneurs – Aastha Grover, Vice President, Invest India Head, Startup India, DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- Leadership strategies to be an effective founder – Vani Kola, Managing Director, Kalaari Capital
- Zero To One – product management for startups – Ashish Kashyap, Founder & CEO, Indmoney
- Shaping an effective product strategy – Nithin Kamat, Founder & CEO, Zerodha
- Building Android apps for next billion users – Sanjeev Barnwal, Founder & CTO Meesho
- A startup founder’s guide to personal branding – Gayatri Yadav, Chief Marketing Officer, Peak XV Partners
- How AI is powering nextgen of startups solving for India’s unique needs – Ajey Gore, Operating Partner- Technology Peak XV
- Managing the relationship with your investors – Shuvi Shrivastava, Partner, Lightspeed
- Growing profitably: Principles for achieving your business goals with marketing – Afsar Ahmad, Co-founder, Gameberry Labs
Regarding the initiative, Manmeet K Nanda, Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt of India, said,