APL to BPL Ration: Now the rules to convert APL Ration Card to BPL Ration Card are easier. If you are eligible, you can enroll for a BPL ration card through mobile. Find out how.
Keeping in mind the economically backward people during the pandemic, the government has issued 5 ration cards
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana Card (AAY),
- PHH Card (PHH),
- SPHH Card (SPHH),
- Rajya Suraksha Yojana I Card (RKSY I),
- Rajya Suraksha Yojana II Card (RKSY II)
was introduced. By using these ration cards economically backward citizens of the state can procure free food. And now the process of converting some more APL Ration Cards into BPL Ration Cards has started.
Among these 5 ration cards in the country i.e. Antyodaya Anna Yojana Card (AAY), PHH Card (PHH), SPHH Card (SPHH), Rajya Suraksha Yojana 1 Card (RKSY I), Rajya Suraksha Yojana 2 Card (RKSY II) – Benefits available are varied.
|Ration card||Benefits available on the card|
|AAY, PHH, SPHH||Rice, wheat, and other commodities are available at low prices.|
|RKSY-I, RKSY-II||The users of this card have to pay for the purchase of rice, wheat, and other commodities.|
But currently, anyone can apply for these ration cards. Also, the rules for converting APL Ration Card to BPL Ration Card have been simplified. Now you can convert APL Ration Card to BPL Ration Card by following a few steps at home. In today’s report, we will discuss the steps to convert APL Ration Card to BPL Ration Card.
How to Change APL to BPL Ration Card in West Bengal
How do convert APL ration cards to BPL ration cards?
- In order to convert APL Ration Card to BPL Ration Card, first visit the official website of the Food and Supply Department, Government of West Bengal https://food.wb.gov.in/.
- Enter the website and scroll down.
- Find the “Ration Card” option below on the homepage and click on it.
- Then click on “Apply for Change of Ration Category” BPL Ration Card.
- In the new page that opens in front, you have to enter your “Valid Registered Mobile Number”.
- After writing your “Valid Registered Mobile Number” the O.T.P will appear.
- Enter that O.T.P. in the appropriate place and click on the “Proceed” option.
- After clicking on the “Proceed” option, click on the “Apply now” option at the bottom of the new page that appears.
- Each of the questions on the next page should be answered correctly.
- Then click on the “Next” option
- Then you have to select the name of the member(s) of your family whose ration card category you want to change.
- All necessary information or information must be uploaded.
- In case of conversion of APL Ration Card to BPL Ration Card then click on the “Terms and conditions” option and click on the “Proceed” option.
- Then click on the “Send OTP” option at the bottom of that page.
- The last step in converting APL Ration Card to BPL Ration Card is – Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number correctly and click on the “Submit OTP” option. As a result, the form will be submitted.
After a few days of submission, if you are considered, you will receive a message on your mobile and a new BPL Ration Card will be sent to your home.