Swami Vivekananda Scholarship portal is in Temporarily Closed For The Scheduled Maintenance
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship portal not working: Finances can be huge barriers to the pursuit of education. Many students can not afford education due to a scarcity of monetary funds. Thus, the Government of West Bengal especially launched the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship or SVMCM for such students with an amount of 2000 crores sanctioned for this project in the year 2021. Meritorious students belonging to economically backward parts of society can avail benefits under the scheme. To encourage higher education, students of 9th to12th, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorates can apply for the scheme. Recipients of Kanyashree can also get help through SVMCM. The registration procedure will be carried out in an online mode on its official portal.
|Name||Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means scholarship 2021 or SVMCM|
|Department||Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Trust|
|Aim||To provide financial assistance to minority students in-state for higher-level education|
|Beneficiaries||Students of West Bengal|
|Website||svmcm.wbhed.gov.in (temporarily closed because currently under scheduled maintenance)|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship portal not working; Benefits:
Official Website: Click Here
This scholarship promises monetary funds to the students to pursue their higher education. The economically weak students in West Bengal will be funded by the state government after their successful verification. But, the scheme is only for students in high school or senior school or, it is for those who either are undergraduates or postgraduates or studying at a PhD level. Kanyashree applicants can also get benefits. These students can apply directly on the website. In this manner, the service will be provided on their doorsteps. This will not only reduce time and but also resources. This system will make sure that most students can apply by using the easily available internet.
What is Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Amount?
The scholarship amount that will be awarded to the students depends upon the course, level of study, and the department. They will receive the following amount:
- Higher Secondary Level: The candidate should qualify that Madhyamilk Pariksha or any other recognised examination of equivalent level with at least 75%.
- Diploma: The 1st year diploma students who passed secondary examination or 2nd year examination with at least 75%.
- Undergraduates: The score of the best five subject of the applicant in senior secondary examination should aggregate upto minimum 75%.
- Postgraduates: The students who pursued honor subjects at the graduation level must have a percentage of 53% to be eligibile and for graduation with engineering, the percentage score must be 55%.
- Kanyashree: The applicants of K-3 component, must have the valid K2 ID sanctionedreceipt and be willing to seek Post Graduate level studies in science, arts or commerce. The percentage required is 45% minimum.
- MPhil or NET reaserch: The students who applied for MPhil or PhD from a government aided institute in the state of west Bengal.