PAN and Aadhaar Linking Benefits (e-filling): Over the last few months, the Indian government and the income tax department have carried out a sustained campaign exhorting individuals to link their Aadhaar Card to their PAN cards. While the Aadhaar card is a biometric identity card issued to each individual, the PAN card is used to identify your unique tax status.
There are advantages of linking these two documents for the government and for the individual. In this article we provide, PAN and Aadhaar Link Online, How to link between PAN and Aadhaar Card in 5 minutes, Benefits of PAN and Aadhaar Linking, Advantages and Disadvantages of PAN-Aadhaar Link, Process of Linking Aadhaar-PAN Link, প্যান এবং আধার লিঙ্ক করার সুবিধা (ই-ফিলিং), আধার-প্যানের মধ্যে কীভাবে লিঙ্ক করবেন? -eportal.incometax.gov.in
ITR filing deadline on December 31:
The government has extended the deadline for filing income tax returns (ITRs) for the fiscal year 2020-21 to December 31, 2021. Failure to do so may result in fines. In a word, those who will file income tax returns for the fiscal year 2020-21 will have to pay a specific fine.
e-Verification of ITR:
You will need to verify this after successfully filing the Income Tax Return (ITR). The Income Tax Department (ITD) re-verifies it after you have verified it.
Benefits of PAN and Aadhaar Card Linking (Advantages):
- It will reduce the chances that one person is having more than one PAN card and due to this people cannot conceal their taxable income.
- Nowadays Aadhaar number is necessary for almost all transactions, so when PAN is linked with Aadhaar then the Income Tax Department will have a track trail of all transactions.
- When a person has more than one PAN Card there will be the possibility of fake identity and financing illegal activities such as drug trafficking become easy with fake identities. Once a PAN card is linked to an Aadhaar, it will eliminate the possibility of these activities.
- It helps taxpayers in filing their income tax returns as well as in other supplementary activities. Aadhaar e-verification.
- Must be a citizen of India
- A person must be an Resident Indians as per Income Tax Laws
- A person who is of the age of under 80 years or more at any time during the previous year
- Not eligible for Residents of states of Assam, Meghalaya, and Jammu & Kashmir
How to Link Between PAN and Aadhaar Card: Step by step process?
- Go to Income Tax Department’s Website – https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/bl-link-aadhaar
- Official Website of Link Aadhaar with PAN: Click Here
- Please fill up the following particulars accurately –
- Aadhaar Number
- Name as per Aadhaar
- Mobile Number *
- Tick the Box with following particulars as Applicable and click on Link Aadhaar
- I have the only year of birth on Aadhaar Card
- I agree to validate my Aadhaar details
- Click on the “Link Aadhaar” button.
- Name, Date of Birth and Gender as per PAN will be validated against your Aadhaar Details.
- Please ensure that ‘Aadhaar Number’ and ‘Name as per Aadhaar’ is exactly the same as printed on your Aadhaar card.
- UIDAI Circular F.No. K-11022/631/2017-UIDAI with regard to discontinuation of partial match in Demographic Authentication wef 1-2-2017 by UIDAI