Aadhaar Card & PAN Link (UIDAI) 2022: An Aadhaar card contains a unique 12-digit number issued to every citizen in India by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It acts as an identification number that helps access the cardholder’s details, such as biometrics and contact information, from the government database.
(একটি আধার কার্ডে ভারতের স্বতন্ত্র শনাক্তকরণ কর্তৃপক্ষ (UIDAI) দ্বারা ভারতের প্রতিটি নাগরিককে জারি করা একটি অনন্য 12-সংখ্যার নম্বর রয়েছে। এটি একটি শনাক্তকরণ নম্বর হিসেবে কাজ করে যা সরকারি ডাটাবেস থেকে কার্ডধারকের বিশদ, যেমন বায়োমেট্রিক্স এবং যোগাযোগের তথ্য অ্যাক্সেস করতে সহায়তা করে।)
Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, being a resident of India, can enrol to obtain an Aadhaar number voluntarily. The enrolment process is free of cost. Once an individual enrols, his/her details are permanently stored in the database. One person cannot have multiple Aadhaar numbers.
If you hold a PAN and are eligible to get Aadhaar or already have an Aadhaar number, you need to inform the Income Tax Department. You can do this by linking PAN to Aadhaar. If you fail to do PAN-Aadhar linking, your PAN will become ‘inoperative’.
How to link between Aadhaar Card and PAN Card -Step by step process?
The Income Tax Department notification states that income tax returns could be e-filed without linking Aadhaar and PAN until 5th August 2017. However, the deadline to link PAN with Aadhaar was extended to 31st December 2017, and after that, the due date was extended multiple times. As per the latest updates, the deadline to link PAN with Aadhaar is 31st March 2022.
Note that if you file the income tax returns without linking, the income tax department will not process the returns until PAN and Aadhaar are linked. People can visit the official e-filing website of the department to link the two identities in both cases– identical names in the two databases or in a case where there is a minor mismatch.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar Card Online ( Through the e-filing Website)
- Visit Income Tax Site
- Provide the PAN, Aadhaar number, and name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card
- Tick the square if only the birth year in mentioned in the Aadhaar card
- Enter the Captcha code. (Visually challenged users can request for an OTP instead of the captcha code. The OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number)
- Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar by Sending an SMS
Type UIDPAN<12-digit Aadhaar><10-digit PAN> on your mobile
Step 2: Send it to 567678 or 56161
SMS ‘UIDPAN Aadhaar-number PAN-number to 567678
Link Between Aadhaar Card and PAN Card with Login your account (আধার কার্ড এবং প্যান কার্ডের মধ্যে লিঙ্ক):
- Register yourself at the income tax e filing portal, if you are not already registered.
Official Website: Click Here
Log in to the e-Filing portal of the Income Tax Department by entering the User ID.
Confirm your secure access message and enter password. And click ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
After logging in to the website, click on ‘Link Aadhaar’. Alternatively, go to ‘My Profile’ and select ‘Link Aadhaar’ under option available under ‘Personal Details’.
Enter details, such as name, date of birth and gender
- It is mandatory to give your consent by selecting the check box ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details’.
- In case if only year of birth is mentioned in your Aadhaar card, then select the check box asking ‘I have only year of birth in Aadhaar card’.
- Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ button.
- A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar number has been successfully linked to your PAN card.
Without Login your account:
- Go to www.incometax.gov.in.On scrolling down the home page, click on the ‘Our Services’ tab.
Official Website: Click Here
Enter the following details:
- Aadhaar no.,
- Name as exactly specified on the Aadhaar card (avoid spelling mistakes), and
- Mobile number
- In case if only the year of birth is mentioned in your Aadhaar card, then select the check box asking “I have only year of birth in the Aadhaar card”.
- Tick on the box that says, “I agree to validate my Aadhaar details”. It is mandatory to select this check box to proceed further for Aadhaar linking. Select Continue.
- You will receive a 6-digit One Time Password on your mobile number. Enter this OTP on the verification page on your screen. Once you enter the OTP, click on ‘Validate’ button.